Monday, September 15, 2008

MY EXCURSIONS TO CHANDIGARH

A Day of Miracles
Of all the battles I have fought in life, the one I have loathed the most and still loathe is that with sleep. Three gruelling days of internal exams and the next morning I wake up early to flock to Chandigarh. Yesterday I survived an accident when a car hit me in the market place where I went after my exams got over. No, I wasn’t drunk. I was sleep deprived. I couldn’t be drunk. Not that I didn’t want to…loose motions…do I say more?
Incentive matters a lot in life; today’s being, watching Rock On!! after class. The drive to Chandigarh wasn’t that dismal. My face flushed against the wind as we zapped through at 120km/hr, imbibing freshness. There is some mystery behind the morning hours. The coolness of the air and warmth of the waxing heat of the sun miraculously partner to give one a heavenly rejuvenated feel.

Now people, miracles do happen. The problem is unless it happens with you; you won’t accept it as a miracle.

We had taken our seats as usual and awaited some mentor to charge in and shower upon us supposedly invaluable techniques to crack one of the toughest examinations of India. (Don’t ever assume we were excited). This was when our unassuming eyes caught hold of a young beautiful lady who swiftly walked in, a fashionable purse dangling down her well-crafted smooth shoulder. (I think my neighbour sighed a bit too loud). Assuming her to take a seat next to the other pretty damsel on the first row, our assumptions met with stark contradictions. (Now you would raise fingers as to why this pretty damsel wasn’t talked about in previous posts. Let that be a secret. For further reference she will be referred to as the pretty damsel with lovely black flowing hair…)
Resting her purse on the table she introduced herself as the psycho-analyst. Yes, she was our new teacher.
What is with the mind, females and poetry? I tried hard to keep pace with my mind which had already ventured into unexplored realms of words and emotions…’ We dream of hope. We dream of change. Of fire, of love… And then it happens — the dream becomes true…’. Our eyes reciprocated the motions of her demonstrating exquisitely carved angelic hands and our ears floated in the breeze of the soft, cool esoteric words she purred from those immaculately pink colored lips. She said something about taking our psychometric tests. I wondered how obvious the results of those tests would be in her presence.
Now, I firmly believe that opportunity brings out the best in a man. It was the last escapade for the dying casanova inside me. We started our conversation as the class enviously stared on. She told the class (read me) she had been studying psychology for the last seven years, a mathematical absurdity I retorted, “You look too young for your age…” My mind deracinated itself from its “engineered” owner, as she took it into the world of psychology and philosophy. Her carefree yet caring unaffected persona dawned upon me as a guiding force for my unsheathed mind foraying into unidentified terrain. She longed for questions to be answered; my thoughts yearned to be given voice to while jealousy flared across the benches amongst my classmates. They took revenge by pointing to the ticking away clock.
Love has its detractors. It was time for group presentations.

You see now, miracles do happen. What followed was nonetheless one too.
In a few minutes time I was sitting next to the pretty damsel with lovely black flowing hair down wonderfully as I sincerely explained to her what was to be said about our common topic ‘Bollywood’. Yes, we were in the same group. In the last few days it had been only the inflation curves which had been steeply rising upwards. Today my heart followed course leaping higher and higher.
Conclusion-Bollywood rocks!

The miracles to follow were rocking! Rock on indeed rocked us all. Chandigarh theatres and farhan akhtar’s female fan following seemed to work wonders for us. Our joys knew no bound. We swayed to his tunes; we swayed to our hearts’ songs. A treat for the eyes; treat for the soul.

A day of miracles, indeed. What say?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

dont get carried away by that beauty....remember that good things don't last forever.
p.s.: post her pic plz