Monday, September 15, 2008

MY EXCURSIONS TO CHANDIGARH--Day 4

A Day of Disappointments

I stopped at Chandigarh on my way back from Amritsar. (Refer to the “amritsar trip” post on the blog.) However the lady luck was not to continue. Neither the pretty damsel with the wonderfully cascading tendril-curls turned up nor the sophisticated lady with her enchanting aura. It was a two hour class with our DI teacher who also sports long hair, an emulation of the earlier Dhoni. As he dealt with fractions my mind still wondered in the hinterlands of Amritsar and my body ached for sleep.

What followed swept me off my seat.
Yet another sardarji walks in to take the English class for the day. At first I thought I was hallucinating, an after effect of Amritsar, Jalandhar and Ludhiana. But I slapped myself awake and yes, it was a sardarji indeed. He talked of reading and comprehension while I wondered at the large scale effect caused by the sardar community; the Prime Minister running the country being a pertinent example!

I strived hard to keep awake and was highly grateful when the ordeal ended.
Back to Kurukshetra…
Hostel sweet hostel…

1 comment:

Astraeus said...

nice to see u blogging